Checklist for U.S. Depositions in Saipan
Depositions in Saipan are straightforward and easy when you use the Deposition Checklist from Planet Depos.
Taking a deposition in Saipan is the same as taking a deposition in the United States — and with a little tropical landscape! Depositions may be taken without government involvement and are straightforward using the Planet Depos checklist specific to Saipan. Counsel will determine whether the witness is willing to be deposed. If so, both parties can stipulate and begin the process of setting up the deposition
- Determine the Planet Depos services needed:
- U.S.-trained court reporter (stenographer)
- U.S.-trained legal videographer
- Interpreter (specify language)
- Local exhibit printing, delivery and shredding
- Conference room
- If not participating in person, do you require videoconferencing services? (If not, please skip to the next item on the checklist)
- Do you need a location in Saipan?
- Can you attend from your firm’s videoconference suite or do you need a location in the U.S.?
- Ask about Planet Depos’ Mobile Videoconferencing capabilities!
- Select your deposition date, starting time and ending time (Remember to note time zone!)
- Make travel arrangements
- Send protective order to Planet Depos for representatives to sign (if applicable)
- Fill out the Planet Depos Standing Order Form to ensure we fulfill all your needs
- Send Notice of Deposition to all counsel, the witness and Planet Depos
- Send prep materials to Planet Depos for reporter’s preparation:
- Notice of deposition
- Answer to Complaint
- Previous transcript(s)
- Word index
- Provide contact information for counsel who will be attending, such as hotel or cell phone number
Travel safely to Saipan and contact Planet Depos with any questions once you’ve arrived!