Planet Depos is a family-owned court reporting company. We have been in business since 2009 and are growing at a rapid pace. Starting with only two employees, we are now over 130 and have expanded all over the U.S. and into Europe and Asia. We are run by smart, energetic entrepreneurs and are looking for talented individuals to be part of our growth into the future.
Looking for benefits? We’ve got you covered.
Health & Welfare
Health and income protection packages that will keep you secure and happy.
Paid Time Off
Take time off. Go out and explore the world. Come back refreshed.
Softball league, company picnics, team lunches, and more.
401k plan with generous match to help prepare for your future.
Client Services Specialist 1pm-9pm
We are looking for an ambitious self starter to join our rapidly growing team in Rockville! The Client Services Specialist is responsible for monitoring the production email folders, promptly responding to client requests, fielding all production-related phone calls, tracking in and prioritizing jobs and distributing rough draft transcripts. This is an excellent opportunity for advancement and a long term career path. Hours are 1PM-9PM.
Bachelor’s degree and/or experience in an office or customer-service setting preferred. Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, proficiency in mathematics, and experience with Microsoft Office products. Strong attention to detail, analytical skills, and excellent customer service skills required.
Digital Court Reporter
A Digital Court Reporter is required to be present in depositions in which an attorney desires to have the deponent’s testimony captured via audio or video. They are responsible for setting up the audio and video equipment and recording the deposition, and have an understanding of the digital recording system and its maintenance, upkeep, and operation. Digital Court Reporters are also responsible for taking down notes during the proceedings and creating a log note of speaker identification and keywords, which serve as a general outline of the digital recording.
The ideal candidate will have some experience or knowledge of the legal industry. Must have a 2- or 4-year degree and be comfortable with A/V technologies and digital recording, have a professional appearance, and also experience with dealing face to face with professional clients. You must be able to adapt to unexpected circumstances and operate on a changing schedule, sometimes working after hours. You must have a reliable mode of transportation as well as the ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Positions available in the DC Metro area, Baltimore, Richmond, VA, Norfolk, VA.
Full Stack Engineer - Onsite
• Design overall architecture of the web application.
• Maintain quality and ensure responsiveness of applications.
• Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features.
• Maintain code integrity and organization.
• Experience working with graphic designers and converting designs to visual elements.
• Understanding and implementation of security and data protection. OWASP, HIPAA, PCI-DSS
• Development experience for both mobile and desktop.
• Experience with cloud message APIs and usage of push notifications.
• Knowledge of code versioning tools Git, Mercutial, BitBucket, We Use Azure DevOps
• Familiarity with SCRUM/Agile methodologies and secure coding practices.
• Windows UCF
• ChargeBee API
• Azure AD API
Production Specialist - Weekend or 3rd Shift
The Production Specialist is responsible for formatting and producing final transcripts to clients, promptly responding to client requests, tracking orders, and updating notes in Reporter Base. We have two shifts available: Weekends -Friday-Monday 10 hrs/day or 3rd shift – Sun-Thurs 11pm-7am.
- Review and track in final transcript files received from reporters
- Prioritize and process transcripts in order of due date and in accordance with federal, state and local guidelines
- Communicate regularly with reporters regarding transcript status, orders and client requests
- Format and distribute rough draft transcripts to clients as needed
- Convert transcript files into various load file types and link exhibits to same
- Create and send errata sheets according to federal, state and local requirements
- Coordinate deliverables with video department
- Email and upload transcript files to clients’ online repository
- Ship hardbound transcripts, exhibits and videos to clients
- Promptly respond to client questions and requests via email and/or phone
- Submit billing processing form to billing department with job specifications
- Enter job notes in Reporter Base – any update to the job process should be documented
- Other duties as assigned
Bachelor’s degree and/or experience in an office or customer-service setting preferred. Must have good written and verbal communication skills, be computer savvy, and comfortable working with various software programs including Microsoft office and Adobe products. Strong attention to detail required.
Why Work at Planet Depos?
PD has been a great company to join. The support and training I have received have been very informative and helpful and I appreciate the support I have received from my supervisor. The office environment is good, everyone is very nice and I enjoy working with my colleagues.
It’s abundantly clear that PD has an investment in each of its employees and strives to encourage everyone to give their best. In return, PD offers opportunities to find where you may fit the best within the organization and utilize your skill set to its fullest.
I believe that the PD philosophy is outstanding. I love that PD is so progressive in growing the business. In our industry, when most others are just happy with the status quo, it’s so refreshing to see the enthusiasm and eagerness spreading from PD out to the reporting community
I truly believe that this is a great company and that I have a great job with unlimited growth potential. I am grateful to work with an organization and in an environment that thrives in the way that it does. Personally, working here actually gives me hope for a bright future, compared to other places I’ve worked, where there wasn’t an ounce of hope to be found. This company feels different and I like it.
Want to work with us? Great! Click the button below to apply.