Planet Depos is a family-owned court reporting company. We have been in business since 2009 and we are growing at a rapid pace. Starting with only two employees, we are now over 100, have successfully acquired five competitors, and have expanded all over the US and into Europe and Asia. We are run by smart, energetic entrepreneurs and are looking for talented individuals to help us get to that next level.
Looking for benefits? We’ve got you covered.
Health & Welfare
Health and income protection packages that will keep you secure and happy.
Paid Time Off
Take time off. Go out and explore the world. Come back refreshed.
Softball league, company picnics, team lunches, and more.
401k plan with generous match to help prepare for your future.
A/R & Billing Specialist
The Billing Specialist compiles, manages, and executes client billing and vendor payment; maintains contact with attorneys, staff, vendors and clients; and observes confidentiality of client data. This position reports to our Rockville, Maryland office.
– Bachelor’s Degree required and at least two years’ experience
– Proficiency in MS Office Suite, particularly in Excel
– Must be detail oriented and organized
– Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy
Client Services Host
A Client Services Host is responsible for maintaining our offsite offices and providing impeccable customer service to our clients and resources that utilize those offices. This role is expected to respond to any client requests, provide the main office with detailed information related to the attendees, and perform other administrative duties as assigned. Additionally, as Client Services Hosts will often have to make copies, send faxes, scan documents or connect clients to a videoconferencing event, technical ability is a plus. This position requires traveling to our local offices so reliable transportation is a must.
• High School Diploma
• Be extremely punctual
• Be well organized
• Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds
• Have a reasonable aptitude towards technology plus a willingness to learn new technological skills
• Must have a sales-oriented, team-spirited, positive personality
• Must be able to work in a professional and confidential environment
• Must have reliable transportation, with insurance, as candidates will be required to travel to and from offices
• Must be flexible in scheduling time as needed. Some extended weekday hours should be expected. Weekends are rare, but possible. Must be open to weekday travel as needed
• Must be able to work well without direct supervision
The Department Manager is responsible for hiring, developing, training and overseeing Planet Depos’ employees located across the U.S., as well as upholding the core company value of impeccable customer service. He/She will work with upper management and the executive team to plan and implement a strategy for operations, resource, and client support. The position requires a versatile individual with a strong leadership and customer-service background, great attention to detail and excellent technology and communication skills. It is a fast-paced working environment so they must be motivated, organized and work well under pressure. This position requires the ability to decisively act in important situations using discretion and independent judgment, easily grasp technical concepts, and solve problems in a professional and timely manner.
This position reports to our Rockville, Maryland office.
- At least 5 years of personnel management experience required, with proven ability to lead a team
- Strong technical skills; Litigation technology background a plus
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, decision-making skills, good judgment and flexible work schedule.
- Must have a client service oriented, team-spirited, positive personality
- Must be able to work in a professional and confidential environment
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Minimum requirements for current needs:
Experience developing Windows applications using Qt C++ (Qt Designer; we do not use Qt Quick or QML) Experience developing PHP web applications working with both PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server databases Strong skill with writing complex SQL queries Knowledge of Linux system administration including cron jobs, and proficiency with managing a server using SSH and shell Knowledge of JSON, XML, REST API use and design Familiarity with Bootstrap 3 and 4, jQuery, AngularJS 1.x Familiarity with wkhtmltopdf
Additional desired qualifications, nonessential:
Experience with the CodeIgniter PHP framework General knowledge of Amazon EC2 Familiarity with INNO Setup Framework Familiarity with git version control systems
Additional desired qualifications for new and upcoming projects:
Mobile application development (native and/or Cordova/PhoneGap) Knowledge of speech recognition systems Experience interfacing with socket-driven solutions, especially for speech recognition
Knowledge of audio processing in C++
Experience developing iOS applications
Help Desk Technician
We are looking for an ambitious, self-starter to join our rapidly growing team in Rockville, Maryland. This is an entry level position supporting our IT Manager with help desk related tasks and responsibilities, supporting a team of approximately 125 employees. As more automation is implemented there is room to learn and grow in this role!
The ideal candidate will:
• Provide daily support to both HQ and Satellite offices including hardware, operating systems, and application software
• Assist in coordinating PC hardware, software and peripheral installations, and upgrades
• Set up new user/email accounts and delete terminated employee accounts via Active Directory integrated Office 365
• Administer Office 365 Cloud environment: Email, Public Folders, MDM, Azure AD
• Administer Dynamics 365/Scribe and PowerBI environments
• Administer Amazon Web Services and our hand-configured storage iSCSI ZFS.
• Order equipment as necessary and keep an inventory of all assets
• Assist in the administration of the VXLAN with BGP EVPN; including printer deployment, wiring, switches
• Monitor LAN resources, SAN resources, including disk availability, server usage, and database capacities, and taking corrective action, accordingly
• Provide support for telephony, operational activities, and other technologies, as directed
• Perform other duties as assigned
A minimum of 1 year of help desk experience is required. Must have strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills, and be able to respond quickly in a fast-paced environment and work effectively with minimal supervision.
International Department Manager
We are looking for an experienced Manager to lead our International Scheduling Department, comprised of resources in the US, Europe, and Asia. The ideal candidate will have a marketing and customer service mentality, focused on maintaining and enhancing client, employee, and contractor relationships. We need someone who is a proven leader and can progress our already great team, and international expansion efforts. This role will coordinate international logistical arrangements, client billing, and strategical business development initiatives. Industry experience is a plus by not required.
Bachelor’s degree and at least two years’ supervisory experience required. Strong customer service, excellent written and verbal communication, and process management skills are a must!
A legal videographer is required to be present in depositions in which an attorney desires to have the deponent’s testimony captured on video in addition to a written transcript. Positions available in Chicago, IL, Pittsburgh, PA, San Francisco, CA, and the DC Metro area.
The ideal candidate will have some experience or knowledge of the legal industry, and Trial Tech/Hot Seat experience is preferred. Must have a 2- or 4-year degree and be comfortable with emerging A/V technologies and digital recording, have a professional appearance and also experience with dealing face to face with professional clients. You will spend a lot of time in high-pressure situations where all eyes are on you. You must be able to adapt to unexpected circumstances and operate on a changing schedule, often working after hours and occasionally on weekends with little or no advance notice. You must have a reliable mode of transportation as well as the ability to lift up to 75lbs.
The Receptionist provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate staff, as well as additional clerical duties. This position reports to our Rockville, Maryland office.
– Associate’s degree
– Two years of related experience
– Clear and pleasant speaking voice
– Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills.
Weekend Production Specialist
The Production Specialist is responsible for formatting and producing final transcripts to clients, promptly responding to client requests, tracking orders, and updating notes in Reporter Base. Once trained, the hours will consist of four, 10 hour days, Friday through Monday: 2pm-12am.
Bachelor’s degree and/or experience in an office or customer-service setting preferred. Must have good written and verbal communication skills, be computer savvy, and comfortable working with various software programs including Microsoft Office and Adobe products. Strong attention to detail required.
Why Work at Planet Depos?
PD has been a great company to join. The support and training I have received have been very informative and helpful and I appreciate the support I have received from my supervisor. The office environment is good, everyone is very nice and I enjoy working with my colleagues.
It’s abundantly clear that PD has an investment in each of its employees and strives to encourage everyone to give their best. In return, PD offers opportunities to find where you may fit the best within the organization and utilize your skill set to its fullest.
I believe that the PD philosophy is outstanding. I love that PD is so progressive in growing the business. In our industry, when most others are just happy with the status quo, it’s so refreshing to see the enthusiasm and eagerness spreading from PD out to the reporting community
I truly believe that this is a great company and that I have a great job with unlimited growth potential. I am grateful to work with an organization and in an environment that thrives in the way that it does. Personally, working here actually gives me hope for a bright future, compared to other places I’ve worked, where there wasn’t an ounce of hope to be found. This company feels different and I like it.
Want to work with us? Great! Click the button below to apply.