If you’re looking for a gift for your beloved court reporter this holiday season, consider one of these ideas. Tis the season!
- Get your court reporter a gift certificate for a massage. All those hours spent at the steno machine and computer working furiously to provide an accurate record of your proceedings can take a toll on the muscles. Not to mention the stress of tight deadlines! Companies like Hand & Stone have storefronts across the country. A massage will go a long way in showing your court reporter your appreciation.
- Another thoughtful gift useful after a stressful day – a bottle of wine or spirits, depending on the reporter’s tastes. If your reporter isn’t one to stay at home, a gift card to a local winery may be ideal.
- Perhaps some fine chocolates to go along with the above-mentioned bottle of spirits? Chocolate pairs so nicely with several wines, as well as a smooth bottle of brandy or bourbon.
- On that note, and considering court reporters spend a lot of time indoors, why not give your reporter the gift of good food and fresh air, with a walking food tour of a convenient city? These tours are popular for good reason. Even if your reporter isn’t a foodie, he or she will enjoy some free food and festive atmosphere! A quick search online will yield a variety of tours in any major cities.
- If your reporter is a foodie, but enjoys cooking up his or her own food, cooking classes could be the ideal gift.
- The sarcastic reporter may enjoy a relatable mug, tote, or t shirt. Companies like Zazzle offer funny personalized court reporter gifts. Check them out here!
- Is your court reporter the adventurous type? A dinner cruise, indoor skydiving, or flight lessons may help him or her let off some steam.
- The technologically advanced reporter will enjoy an upgraded keyboard, a new pair of headphones, or any steno machine related items. The realist may be wishing for extra Cloud Storage.
- The artsy reporter will enjoy a painting class. Can’t decide between this and a nice bottle of wine? Pair a drink with a paint class. Companies like Paint Nite offer painting events accompanied by wine or cocktails.
Whatever you decide to get your favorite court reporter this year, your friends at Planet Depos wish you a happy holiday season, and a wonderful New Year.
By Julia Alicandri