Schedule With Planet Depos Today
Court Reporting in Brazil
Depositions are not permitted in Brazil:
- Brazil is not a member of the Hague Evidence Convention, and depositions are NOT PERMITTED in the country. Anyone caught taking a deposition in Brazil can be subject to criminal penalties, arrest, detention, or deportation.
- Willing Brazilian witnesses may be deposed in nearby South American countries, such as Colombia.
Prior permission is not required for depositions in Colombia:
- Colombia is a member The Hague Evidence Convention.
- Permission from the government is not required for depositions of a willing witness in Colombia.
- Depositions in Colombia can be taken at any location.
- Review your deposition checklist.
- Make sure to note any specific language and/or dialect for the interpreter.
Court reporters are not authorized to administer the oath in Colombia, so the oath will need to be stipulated on the record. Another option would be to apply to the court for a Commission to Administer Oaths.
How We Can Help:
- U.S.-trained court reporters and videographers throughout the world.
- Vetted interpreters with extensive deposition experience.
- On-the-ground assistance to handle exhibit printing, shredding, and other administrative needs.
- 24/7 support.