Court Reporting in Colombia
No prior permission required for depositions in Colombia:
- Colombia is a member of the The Hague Evidence Convention.
- Permission from the government is not required for depositions of willing witnesses in Colombia.
- Depositions in Colombia can be taken at any location.
- Review your Colombia Deposition Checklist.
- Make sure to note any specific dialect for the interpreter.
Court reporters are not authorized to administer the oath in Colombia, so the oath will need to be stipulated on the record. Another option would be to apply to the court for a Commission to Administer Oaths.
How We Can Help:
- U.S.-trained court reporters and videographers.
- Vetted interpreters with extensive deposition experience.
- On-the-ground assistance to handle exhibit printing, shredding, and other administrative needs.
- 24/7 support.