Court Reporting & Depositions in Germany
Wherever your deposition or arbitration is being held in Germany, Planet Depos has qualified court reporters and videographers available to cover all of your proceeding needs.
U.S. Consulate Re-Opens
The U.S. Consulate in Frankfurt, Germany, is opening back up for depositions.
Depositions can only be scheduled during the following dates:
April 15 - May 30, 2019
September 3 - December 20, 2019
Depositions may only take place at
U.S. Consulate General in Frankfurt, Germany
Special Consular Services
Gießener Str. 30
60435 Frankfurt am Main
Telephone: 011-49-69-7535-2518, 2514 or 2519 (from the United States)
Fax: 011-49-69-7535-2252 (from the United States).
Prior Permission from the Ministry of Justice Required per The Hague Evidence Convention
- Send the notice or commission to the Consulate with your preferred date(s) for your deposition along with two alternate dates.
- Submit the reservation fee, $1,283.
The notice of deposition and mandatory scheduling fee must be received by the Consulate AT LEAST six weeks in advance of the deposition
- Send a list to the Consulate of all participants to the deposition along with all electronic equipment they are bringing AT LEAST three business days before the deposition.
- Hours of Operation:
- M-F, 9am-4pm.
- Closed on German and American holidays.
- Closed on the last Thursday of every month.
- The deposition room seats 15 people.
- Food and beverages are allowed in the deposition room.
- Video recording is permitted but videoconferencing is not. However, telephonic depositions can be conducted there.
- All participants must present a valid photo ID to enter the Consulate. A second form of photo ID is required for all witnesses, court reporters, videographers, and interpreters.
- Cellular phones and electronic devices are not allowed in the Consulate.
How We Can Help in Germany
- U.S.-trained court reporters and videographers throughout the world.
- Vetted interpreters with extensive deposition experience.
- On-the-ground assistance to handle exhibit printing, shredding, and other administrative needs.
- 24/7 support.