Schedule With Planet Depos Today
Court Reporting in Tokyo
Welcome to Planet Depos, where finding a qualified court reporter in Tokyo has never been easier. We have local experienced and professional Tokyo court reporters providing the highest quality transcripts in every area of law, including intellectual property, pharmaceutical, environmental, construction, medical malpractice, labor and employment, securities and commercial litigation. Our local, highly skilled court reporters have decades of experience making the record under the auspices of various international bodies and rules.
All of our conference suites are outfitted with video conference equipment. With local videographers, Planet Depos makes your meeting or event videoconferencing in Tokyo easy. Our conference locations are fully stocked with office supplies, refreshments, wireless internet and copy/fax machines.
Planet Depos is the only company with U.S.-trained and certified court reporters, videographers and support staff living throughout Asia. Due to this, you may enjoy:
- Access to backup equipment in case of failure
- No travel expenses, based on availability
- Local printing and delivery of hard copy transcripts and exhibits
- Local bilingual liaisons to handle logistical needs
- 24/7 back office and technology support
- Knowledge of local terminology, customs and practices
- Advice on State Department and visa assistance
In Japan, specifically, we also offer the only court reporting services with staff who are residents of Japan, eliminating the need to obtain the required deposition visas.
4 Chome-3-9 Nihonbashimuromachi, Chūō-ku, Tōkyō-to 103-0022 Japan
Conference Rooms in Tokyo
Tokyo is home to several luxurious hotels and many office buildings with conference rooms available for pre-deposition/arbitration meetings. Planet Depos can reserve a conference room suitable for your team’s needs.
For logistical purposes, it is best to stay near the Embassy for your depositions in Tokyo. The same holds true as far as reserving conference rooms for deposition-related meetings. There are several hotels in the area, and your on-the-ground reporting team can step in to assist as needed to ensure the conference room meets your expectations.
Checklist for Planet Depos Concierge Services:
- Number of rooms needed
- Number of attendees (per room)
- On-site Contact/Attorney Name
- Start time
- End time
- Food & Beverage
- Additional Equipment needed:
- Projector and Screen
- Speaker Phone
- If reserving multiple days, would you like to keep equipment and documents locked in the conference room overnight
More on taking a deposition in Tokyo
Cultural & Travel Highlights from Tokyo
- There is a reason people rave about this super city. Actually, in fact, there are many reasons! Awesome (in the true sense of the word) temples, delicious food, streets pulsing with foot traffic, and an assortment of tall structures from which to take in breathtaking views.
- Sensoji Temple is a definite must-see in Tokyo. The city’s oldest temple, it was built in A.D. 645, and dedicated to the Buddhist Goddess of Mercy. The city’s largest festival takes place in this area, spanning 3 or 4 days in late springtime. The Shinto Shrine is adjacent to the temple, as well as several shops. Nakamise, a shopping street between the temple’s outer gate and second gate is lined with souvenir shops and vendors selling traditional snacks!
- For a uniquely Japanese experience, after your visit to Sensouji Temple (or anytime!), stop in at Family Mart Convenience store and try the Daikon from the Oden boiler. Oden is a Japanese dish of radish (daikon), fried tofu, boiled egg and other delectable ingredients boiled together in a soup with soy sauce and other spicy ingredients.
- If you have a good head for heights, scale Skytree, the second tallest human structure on earth! The toll to go up is pretty steep, too, but you’ll get a view like no other! Restaurants offer sushi and spicy Chinese food, among other choices.
- Feeling touristy? Check out Kabukicho – good wandering grounds, and you can even find fish to clean your feet, if you like. Just beware people inviting you to their special bar, as this can be a costly scam where you wind up with a huge bill for your food and drink.
Resources and Services
Be ready for your next deposition in Japan with our Japan Deposition Checklist.
Planet Depos offers cost-effective and reliable realtime, transcription and related services for arbitrations in Japan.
Japan has recently become more deposition-friendly due to our local staff’s assistance and increased availability of conference rooms.
Before you plan your travel to Tokyo for your event, check out these Japan Travel Tips.