Court Reporting in Taiwan
Wherever your deposition or arbitration is being held in Taiwan, Planet Depos has qualified court reporters and videographers available to cover all of your proceeding needs.
In 2012 Planet Depos acquired American Realtime Court Reporters to expand our coverage in Asia, providing our clients with even more local court reporters throughout Asia. We are a registered company in Taiwan (Planet Depos Asia, LLC).
Conference Room Locations in Taiwan
Planet Depos Asia, LLC
Walsin Xinyi Building, 11/F
1 Songzhi Road
Phone: (886) 9-7348-2983
Another favorite location for U.S. depositions is Hsinchu, known for its annual Lantern Festival. There are not as many hotels in Hsinchu as there are in Taipei, so it is a good idea to plan ahead.
Since there is no airport in Hsinchu, the best mode of transportation is from Taipei by the Taiwan High Speed Rail (THSR), which has a train that runs every 20 minutes, and it usually takes about 30 minutes one way from Taipei to Hsinchu. For more information and schedules, visit THSR.
Deposition Services in Taiwan
- Permission from the government is not required for depositions of willing witnesses in Taiwan.
- Depositions can be taken at any location.
- Make sure to note any specific language and/or dialect for the interpreter.
Court reporters are not authorized to administer the oath in Taiwan, so the oath will need to be stipulated on the record. Another option would be to apply to the court for a Commission to Administer Oaths.
How we can help in Taiwan
- U.S.-trained court reporters and videographers living throughout Asia.
- Arbitration and Court Hearing coverage.
- No travel fees.
- Vetted interpreters with extensive deposition experience.
- On-the-ground assistance to handle exhibit printing, shredding, and other administrative needs.
- 24/7 support.