Schedule With Planet Depos Today
Court Reporting in the United Kingdom
The United Kingdom is a member of the Hague Evidence Convention, and prior permission from the U.K. government is not required for willing witnesses.
Depositions in the U.K. can be taken in much the same way as depositions held in the U.S.:
Three things to consider:
- There are far less court reporters in the U.K., and their schedules can fill up many weeks in advance. Four to six weeks’ lead time is preferred when scheduling your depositions.
- Thinking of flying in a reporter from the U.S.? This is highly discouraged, as work permits are required for U.S. court reporters to enter the country, and such visas are very rarely granted.
- Court reporters are not authorized to administer the oath in the U.K., so the oath will need to be stipulated on the record. Another option is to hire a U.K. attorney to administer the oath, which can be very costly.
How We Can Help:
- U.S.-trained court reporters and videographers throughout the United Kingdom.
- Vetted interpreters with extensive deposition experience.
- On-the-ground assistance to handle exhibit printing, shredding, and other administrative needs.
- 24/7 support.