Deposition Services & Court Reporting in China
Participation in depositions in mainland China for use in foreign courts may result in the arrest, detention, or deportation of the participants. They may, instead, be taken in nearby Hong Kong.
While depositions in China are prohibited, arbitration is extremely common. In recent years there have been over 100,000 arbitrations handled within mainland China per year. We offer cost-effective and reliable realtime, transcription, and related services for arbitrations in China. Our teams of stenographers, editors, and IT specialists are strategically located throughout Asia to meet your needs.
Depositions are not permitted in China
- China is a member of The Hague Evidence Convention; however, depositions are NOT PERMITTED in the country. Anyone caught taking depositions in China can be subject to criminal penalties, arrest, detention, or deportation.
- Willing Chinese witnesses may be deposed in nearby Asian countries, such as Hong Kong.
Prior permission is not required for depositions in Hong Kong
How We Can Help in Hong Kong
- U.S.-trained court reporters and videographers living in Hong Kong.
- Vetted interpreters with extensive deposition experience.
- No Travel Fees.
- On-the-ground assistance to handle exhibit printing, shredding, and other administrative needs.
- 24/7 support.