Court Reporting in Russia
Depositions are not permitted in Russia:
- Russia is not a member of The Hague Evidence Convention. The government has declared that depositions are NOT PERMITTED in the country, and anyone caught taking one can be subject to criminal penalties, arrest, detention, or deportation.
- Willing Russian witnesses may be deposed in nearby countries, such as Finland.
No prior permission is required for depositions in Finland:
Court reporters are not authorized to administer the oath in Finland, so the oath will need to be stipulated on the record. Another option would be to apply to the court for a Commission to Administer Oaths.
How We Can Help:
- U.S.-trained court reporters and videographers throughout the world.
- Vetted interpreters with extensive deposition experience.
- On-the-ground assistance to handle exhibit printing, shredding, and other administrative needs.
- 24/7 support.